It's the dead of winter and we couldn't think of a better time to treat yourself to a massage. Not only does getting a massage feel amazing but they come with some incredible health benefits as well. Here are 5 health benefit reasons to go take an appointment today.
1) Improve Sleep - Getting a massage helps to get a better night sleep as it has a strong affect on the brain's delta waves which promote deep sleep.
2) Boost Immunity - From it's stress- reducing qualities to their ability to increase a person's disease fighting white blood cells a massage can even help us from getting that nasty winter cold.
3) Beat PMS - Enough said right! Massage is proven to curb bloating and mood swings during that special time of the month.
4) Beautify - Just when you think it couldn't get any better, massage can even make us more beautiful. A massage increases blood flow which helps to pump slack skin and bring life to our skin and hair!
5) Calm Nerves - If you battle with depression/anxiety occasionally than consider a massage your new best friend. Massage lowers the stress hormone cortisol and naturally boosts the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine which can lift our spirits.
Don't hesitate! Treat yourself to a massage today!