One thing you can say about us Jersey Girls, we are built tough. Nature may be strong but none more than the resilience of our hearts. We were all hit hard this past week and the studio experienced some damage. However, we've cleaned up what Sandy left behind and once the power goes on, we will be ready to do what we do best, Work it Out!
Until then, we are here to support and care for our community. Many areas of the city are still flooded and we want to be able to show our support. For those fortunate enough to give back, we have set up a simple way to donate that will go to HOPES and will be used to help Hoboken families.
And just remember - every dollar counts!
Here is some additional information post Sandy:
- Tap water is safe to drink!!
- PSE&G is on site and working their butts off to restore power. Residents are urged to shut off appliances and lights to avoid a surge when it is restored.
- Volunteers Needed! Visit the lobby of City Hall for more information.
- Garbage collection will take place today, Thursday, 11/1. Leave all damaged furniture on the side of the curb.
- Donations Needed: non-perisheible foods, blankets, warm clothing, diapers, baby wipes & formula can be brought to City Hall or Hoboken High School
- Shelter locations: Wallace School (11th and Willow) Saints Peter and Paul(4th and Hudson) Saint Matthews(8th and Washington)
- GAS SHORTAGE! Avoid using your vehicles because of a statewide fuel shortage.
- Need assistance? No flood insurance? Try contacting FEMA and fill out an application: www.disasterassistance.gov or 1-800-621-FEMA