We love meeting new, talented instructors and these two are no exception. We're so excited to introduce the first, new instructors of 2016, Alex Morrison and Ashley Criso! Both ladies have a background in dance and are sure to get your hearts pumping in their classes!
Meet Alex Morrison
Alex began dancing at age 4 and cheerleading at age 7. Because of these skills, she performed, choreographed, taught and coached throughout California and in the Caribbean before moving to New York in 2012. Her love for fitness and movement eventually led her to a certification in exercise science and then in spin. Alex currently teaches adult ballet classes in Queens and children’s ballet for the Salvation Army. She is so excited to bring her passion for fitness and teaching to Work It Out in her CandyBarre and Ride classes.
Did you know?
1. When I'm not at WiO you'll find me... Playing (flag) football, dancing, or reading at a coffee shop.
2. Favorite restaurant in Hoboken? I indiscriminately love all Italian food!
3. Your go-to song for your playlists? Throwbacks rock my world but I’m in love with everything Ellie Goulding right now.
Meet Ashley Criso
Always passionate about musical theater and performing, Ashley began dancing when she was 10 years old. After years of nonstop dancing in high school, she went on to dance for the nationally ranked Saint Joseph's University Dance Team. As a college student, she developed a strong interest in nutrition and fitness, hoping to find the right balance to fit her active lifestyle. Ashley knew she wanted to continue her love of dance and fitness by transitioning her experience into becoming a fitness instructor. Get ready to dance like nobody's watching and break a sweat in her Zumba Love classes.
Did you know?
1. When I'm not at WiO you'll find me... Drinking tons of coffee at a coffee shop, making playlists on Spotify or reading a good book.
2. Favorite restaurant in Hoboken? Bin 14
3. Your go-to song for your playlists? It is a battle between anything Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez.