The third video in our Work it Outdoors Hoboken Series has arrived – and it might be the coolest one yet!
We created this video series with you in mind – For those days when getting into the studio just isn't a possibility. But what's great about the exercises we share is that they require minimal equipment (a set of weights!) and little space (think size of a yoga mat). No weights? Grab two full water bottles!
Our first Work it Outdoors video focused on your core. The second video targeted your arms. What’s next?! Your glutes!
Give these five exercises a try to tone those glutes. They’re sure to make that booty stand out in your skinny jeans this fall! Want a total body workout? Combine these five exercises with the other 10 from the first two videos!
Hoboken Series 3: Glutes
1. Hip Extension & Side Knee Lifts. Begin on all fours - wrists under shoulders, knees under hips. Raise your right leg to a 90-degree angle (hip height) with your toe pointed straight to the sky. Lower leg to starting position and raise leg straight out to the side, while keeping your knee and foot parallel to the ground. Repeat 10 times – then repeat with the left leg. For an added challenge, place a weight behind the knee of your working leg!
2. Weighted Bridges. Start on your back with your feet flat on the floor and bent at the knees. Place a weight in each hand gently on your hips. Lift your booty a few inches off the floor into a bridge and lower. Try three sets of 10!
3. Curtsy Lunges with Pulses. Start with a weight in each hand, arms by your sides. Step your right foot behind your left foot to a curtsy and take three curtsy lunges. On the third lunge, hold and pulse five times in the lunge position. Repeat set on the left leg.
4. Standing Back Leg Lifts with Pulses. Begin standing, with a weight in each hand, arms by your sides. Extend your right leg long behind you and lift in a back leg lift three times. On the third lift, hold your leg up and pulse five times. Repeat set with the left leg.
5. Jump Squats. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-distance apart. Squat, keeping your chest lifted. Pushing off with your feet, jump up and straighten your legs. Coming down through the balls of your feet, land back in a squat. Keep jumping!
Watch our third video below for a visual tutorial of each exercise! Stay tuned for more Work it Outdoors videos in collaboration with @meybirdcreative.